Monday, January 25, 2010

What I'm working on...



I spent last night casting a custom order for a lovely etsy customer. I hadn't done any casting in awhile, and it was good to get back to it. The starfish was cast in sand using molten pewter (lead free of course), the oldest and simplest method of casting. Its a technique my son taught me, messy and fun. I'll  do a tutorial in the next couple of weeks. This is the underbelly of the fish:





And a johnny crab claw which will find its way to my shop later tonight:

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love star fish! These works in molten pewter are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elisa, I've been trying to do an urchin, but they keep cracking. I'm going to try filling one with expandle foam before I cast it, hopefully that will help as I only have a few left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, lovin' the starfish to the moon and back!

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails