Monday, June 7, 2010

June showers bring...


 Its been cool and dreary, lots of rain, which is great for growing things but not so great for enjoying them. We finally had a little break from the showers this afternoon, so I headed out with my shears to cut some flowers for the house. Above is some Lady's Mantle on the kitchen table.



Sweet Rocket for the family room.




And some allium for the living room.

I won't show you the 'after' pictures, which I could take in the morning if I didn't have a mess to clean up. Our cat is pretty sure we put out flowers as special salads, just for him. Sometimes he delicately nibbles, and other times, he shreds the flowers, leaving only the stalks. Aren't cats supposed to be carnivores?


2 comments:

  1. They're all lovely and displayed perfectly in your vases! Naughty kitty... hee hee

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Di. And the cat proved me wrong, no big messes this morning. I think he's just biding his time...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails